Our urologist confirmed the need for Michael to get an MRI due to his bloodwork. We were desperately hoping that this might be one test that we would be spared, however he said Michael's lab values are incredibly unusual. It's not that they are bad or dangerous, however its not often that you see one hormone level out of wack while the others are completely normal. Occasionally this can be due to a tumor pressing on the pituitary gland, so ruling that out was a must. We are waiting for results and hope to get them soon. Please pray with us that the scans are clean. If they are, Michael's "medical" portion of this nightmare will be over and that would be great for both of us.
I have had many, many phone consults with the Dallas clinic this week. They have given me tons of information to sort through. Dr. S had requested my HSG films, which I had sent last week. He let me know today that he felt certain that while my left tube is open, it is not functioning properly. This is not something I had been previously told, and while it won't matter in regards to IVF, it makes me want to spit nails that this is the first I'm hearing about it. It essentially confirms that no other fertility treatment will be of any benefit to us.
My RN sent me a list of medications that I will need. I am currently on a mission to try to identify which will be paid for by insurance, but more than likely, the most expensive ones aren't going to covered. The medications are mucho, mucho, MUCHO, dinero! If you know someone who has recently gone through IVF (in the last year-18 months) and has medications left over, will you let me know? Many people are willing to sell or give away their left over medicines and it can be such a blessing to people like me who will have to pay out of pocket.
There is so much more to write about but I'm going to pause for now. I am so, so tired. Please pray with us for a clean report for Michael, and that we get it quickly.
Love,
Juli
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment