I am a pretty organized person anyway, especially at home. Michael is probably cleaner and more particular than I am, so everything has a place at our house, or it just gets thrown out. I don't like clutter or piles and when I am stressed the most soothing thing for me is to clean. So IVF has been a huge organization project in and of itself.
I am in awe of other women who have gone through this. I have taken some time to read, talk and really learn from other girls who have already done this, and I have found that collectively, they are all incredibly organized. There is just no other way to get through this. In some ways (to my counselor self!) it feels almost pathological. On the other hand, we would be no different if we were treating cancer or a heart condition.
So: The Binder. As I was putting it together I was immediately transported back to when I put my wedding binder together three years ago. I actually saved that one, more for memorabilia than anything else. I drug it everywhere for the six months that I planned my wedding, and than it actually stayed in my friend Sarah's car for nearly a year after the wedding. I was so over it all that I didn't miss it, but when I finally got it back I realized how glad I was that I could save it.
This binder has tabs under which I have been saving receipts, important emails and all my information regarding medications, how to take them, and which pharmacies have priced them the cheapest. It is a lot to keep up with since on any given day I probably receive 2-3 emails from the clinic. However, I have found that it is incredibly helpful to have it all with me all of the time.
I have also started acquiring meds and that has also become a project. Michael has so far been opposed to keeping them on the kitchen counter, but since some of them need to be refrigerated, I like the idea of having them all in one place. I'll be on thirteen different medications (many of those injectibles) over the next six to eight weeks. This picture only includes the couple that have been donated to me so far, so there is a lot more headed my way! The bins are labeled and ready to go with needles, alcohol wipes, qcaps, and syringes.
Most importantly: my calendar, printed by the clinic. It has every day marked with exactly which medicine and the correct dosage on it. We will start injectibles Friday, May 10th and from there we will be bound to this schedule. Looks like May is going to be the month of staying home. :)
Love, Juli

No comments:
Post a Comment