It is 5:20 and I am blogging from my phone so I don't know how well this will turn out! I had a good appointment with the specialist on Monday and despite feeling "off" everything checked out great.
Unfortunately, after a day on the couch, what I thought was braxton hicks started about 9 pm. This was different in that I was already laying down and they were coming at weird intervals. Close, but sporadic. I debated calling the on call doc, but since I didn't have pain or pressure, and it was late, I took a vistaril and slept awesome! I woke up feeling drugged and by 10:30 am my uterus was at it again. I was so hoping my doctors office might be open half a day but it wasn't, so we ended up going to the hospital.
They immediately got me hooked up to a monitor and...nothing. I just knew they probably thought I was a faker! But after a couple hours it began..and by 4:00 pm I was admitted with contractions evey one to three minutes! Thankfully they are weak ones and not dilating my cervix so it is safe to say that for now, the babies aren't coming!
I am getting around the clock vistaril, procardia and have fluids going like crazy. I also got a dose of steroids to get babies' lungs ready just in case they get some crazy idea that they want to meet us early.
Poor Michael decided to stay with me and suffice it to say no man marries his wife dreaming of the day she is getting up hourly, waddling to the bathroom half naked, about to tip over from pregnancy weight! Bless it.
So Happy New Year everyone. Despite some wicked contractions and some super unfun monitoring, the babies made it to 2014 and in that we can rejoice!
Happy New Year!
Love,
Juli
No comments:
Post a Comment