Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pregnancy Update: Week 33

I don't have a picture.  As you can imagine, I am kind of stingy with the pics right now.  It is impossible for someone this pregnant to feel "cute."  I am going to take some more pictures soon and I will post for the memory.  Promise.

We are 33 weeks..I can hardly believe it.  I have days when I am convinced that I am about to go into labor and days when I think I will NEVER go into labor.  It is hard to be upbeat and positive right now, so if you run into me be warned. I am so, so grateful that our babies are healthy and growing, especially since I never really thought we would come this far.  But I am physically just completely drained.  I didn't know it was possible to ache this much.  Do you remember that clip of Kate Gosselin rolling over with six babies in her belly? I feel exactly like that and I only have two in there.  I swear I feel muscles tear every time I do it.  That woman is my hero, even if she pimps her kids out for money.

Last week brought a new development...strangers asking me if I am having twins.  Up to this point, people really just liked to ask about my due date.  Now, I am getting the "one or two?" question.  It makes me smile, and simultaneously confirms that I look as awkward as I feel.  I was particularly humored by the ladies at Chili's last week who watched me go back and forth to the bathroom three times and finally asked me if I was having a boy or a girl. After I answered "both" one of them laughingly told her friend "I told you so!!!"  I had to laugh too.

How Far Along: 33.5

Size of Babies: Each are about the size of a pineapple.

Gender: Boy/Girl

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +32

Cravings: Salsa from Superiors Bar and Grill.

Maternity Clothes: Yes...and growing out of them.  I HATE the idea of buying more shirts...but not sure how much longer I can squeeze into what I have.

Movement: Has slowed quite a bit over the last couple of weeks.  They are tightly packed in my poor belly! Baby Girl gets the hiccups a lot, and Baby Boy decides every now and then to turn footling breech.  I know when he is turning because the left side of belly will just go crazy. 

Sleep: Forget it. I have taken to the couch because I hate for Michael to suffer.  When these kiddos come I will be ready for the all nighters!

Symptoms: Back ache, belly ache, you name it. 

What I Miss: My body just feels like it wants to quit.  I am ready to be able to move around and pick things up off the floor again.

Best Moment this week: Baths.  I probably take three a day just because the warm water feels good.

I'm looking forward to: These kiddos being born.  I am dying to know what they look like, and I am so ready to feel them in my arms!  We are almost there and are SO excited!

Love,
Juli

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a fabulous job. I never doubted you for one minute. I knew that you would carry those babies to close to, if not, term. Stay on the couch momma..... you are almost done and all will have been worth it. :)
    Love ya
    ~ Wen

    ReplyDelete