Anyone want to write an essay on what counseling techniques to use with paranoid muslim or a second generation, lesbian jew who is afraid to adopt a baby?
Didn't think so.
Today I am 30...and I promise I am going to write about that later today. But this post is about my hair.
And how it is falling out. Like, in clumps. I didn't really notice it getting any thicker, though it was a lot dryer from the moment I found I was pregnant. Which has actually be great since I get to wash it a whole lot less. But around 21 weeks it started falling out. And when I say "falling out" I mean REALLY falling out. It is everywhere, and it is coming out in clumps in the shower and every time I brush or try to fix it. It is now to the point where it is noticeably thinner and I am starting to get worried. Both my doctors have said that my thyroid and iron are fine so it is probably just hormone related. My Ob/gyn suggested I try to double up my prenatals to see if that would help. I have scoured the internet and can't find anything definitive. Some people say that their prenatals actually caused it, others say that nothing helped or hurt either way. I know it is normal for hair to fall out after the babies come...but at this rate I am going to have nothing left.
So lets evaluate. I'm 30, stretched out, and fatter than I have ever been in my life. Wow.
I am embracing the idea that I am probably going to end up with a mom hair cut before this over. Not because I'm a mom but because my hair is going to be so uneven it may be the only solution. I am trying to wait till after these babies come because there is nothing worse that a bob haircut when your face is fatter and more swollen than normal. Let accentuate the double chin shall we?
Jennifer Anniston recently cut off her hair into a bob and everyone was talking about it. It looks cute styled but the below picture is more reality for what mine is going to look like with two babies, six inch roots and infrequent showering:
And sadly my hips aren't going to look that narrow, even in pajama pants. Just sayin.
Michael has picked hair off me, out of the bed, and scooped it off the shower floor repeatedly. Yesterday I nearly cried when he flung a handful of it the garbage and in frustration cried out about how it was everywhere.
I have NO IDEA why I am so sensitive these days.
So I'm collecting pictures and preparing for the inevitable. I choose to believe I am going to look just like this.....
Only with spit up in it.
Love,
Juli
No comments:
Post a Comment