Sunday, December 22, 2013

Baby Shower...and Pregnancy Update: Week Twenty Nine

Warning:  I am probably going to have several blogs in a row because I need to get caught up!!

My parents left early Tuesday morning and I just hated to see them go.  Luckily I had something to look forward to...my first baby shower!!  My sweet friends Amy, Paige, and Kaley threw one for me and it was so fun to go up to work and see everyone.  I love this picture of us...even though I look really big and sort of uncomfortable.

The NICU census is super low right now, so there were a lot of people not working- but it also worked in my favor because the people who were there were able to hang out with me for longer!



The girls did some really cute decorations, and the food was amazing.  I saved up room in my squished belly by skipping breakfast that morning so I did some damage to the artichoke dip and pigs in a blanket.  Those two things just tasted especially good to me that day! 







I got some really cute gifts and the girls also had a clothes line where people where able to write advice and messages to Michael and I, as well as clip up cash!!   We feel so blessed...by the end we had exactly enough to buy two of infant car seats and because it was cash I was able to buy them online where I got an incredible deal (and free shipping)  because it is the Christmas season!  They would have cost nearly $40 dollars more (each) if I had gotten them from Target or Babies R Us! (I just love the boy/girl colors!)

 

 Yes, I look tired in this picture....I was!  I actually went home and crashed for two hours after the party.  I think my belly looks completely stuffed..and it really is as awkward as it looks!  However, on this day I was 29 weeks exactly...and we feel so blessed to have healthy, growing babies!


How Far Along: 29 Weeks (on 12/17)

Size of Babies: Each are about the size of a butternut squash

Gender: Boy/Girl

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +30

Cravings: None...other than my love for Sonic drinks.  This is my favorite outing right now!

Maternity Clothes: Yes...and growing out of them.  I HATE the idea of buying more shirts...but not sure how much longer I can squeeze into what I have.

Movement: Yes!  Baby Girl is going to be a soccer star.  Her wiggles are almost violent.  Baby Boy is much more delicate. It always makes me laugh that I can tell the difference between their temperaments already.

Sleep: Not as good this week.  Going to bed about 11:00 and sleeping until 4:00.  Then I get up and readjust and go back down from like 6:30-9:00.  It makes me feel lazy!

Symptoms: Hair falling out, headaches are back, and just feeling achy in general.  

What I Miss: The only thing I really miss is being able to go for walks. I love our neighborhood and we had some seventy degree days this week that I would have loved to enjoy outside!

Best Moment this week: Hands down... GRADUATING!  I hope one day (when they are big enough to understand) that our kids will be proud of me for not quitting. 

I'm looking forward to: Another specialist appointment on Monday.  I feel like things are going to start moving soon! 

Love,
Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment