Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hello 27 Weeks!

We had a doctors appointment yesterday with our specialist.  I would say that it went as well as it possibly could have.  My cervix was holding steady at just under 2.5 c.m which was great news.  The good news (and the bad news!) is that bed rest worked.  I will continue on house arrest, which means no shopping or errands! (Boo.) This means I might not see the inside of a Target or Walmart until late February!  Bizarre.

Baby's girl's placental tumor measured 4.4 cm by 4.9 cm, as opposed to 3 cm by 5 cm last week. As you can see, there is a certain amount of variation in measurements, depending on the user and angle by which they can see it on ultrasound.  Our doctor felt like there was probably a small amount of growth, but Baby Girl looked happy and content.  Her heart and fluid looked fine.  We did not get measurements in regards to their size, but I would imagine we will get those next week. 

All in all, our doctor was pleased with how things looked.  He still believes we need to be followed closely to assess for changes so we will see our regular OB on Friday, and then go back to the specialist on Monday morning.

Today I am 27 weeks!  Every week makes such a huge difference in the babies development and we are only one week away from another important pregnancy milestone.  Infants born after 28 weeks have a much higher survival rate, and are less likely to experience long term disabilities.  Unfortuantly, 28 weekers are also bigger and place more demands on their placenta.  We have been forewarned that we may begin to see more rapid changes as Baby Girl grows.  We have been assured that when/if that happens our doctor will make aggressive treatment decisions in the interest of both babies. That actually makes me feel a lot better. 

We are extremely thankful this week and I plan to keep busy by completing my finals and celebrating my 30th Birthday.  The Christmas tree is up so I am spending lots of time on the couch with my computer.  I will continue to update often!

Love,
Juli  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you got encouraging news! I'll be praying for you and the babies .

    ReplyDelete