Saturday, December 7, 2013

My Birthday and Pregnancy Update: Week Twenty Seven

Yup, I turned 30 years old! I can hardly believe how fast my twenties went.  I had lots of sweet surprises to help my day be special.

My sweet friend Kristen dropped off a Starbucks treat. Starbucks and Christmas time are just made to go together!!!
Michael ended up getting most of his work stuff done early so we could have a little extra time together.  We ran a quick errand  (it was SOO good to get out!) and then went to dinner with his parents at Cantina Laredo.  We had cookies for desert since we had cake last weekend.


I really don't mind turning 30 at all.  I know some people find it a little disconcerting, but I am so, so happy with my life. Things are not perfect, but I am cuddled up in our house with Zoe and our Christmas tree, I (almost) have finished school,  my sweet husband is waiting on me hand and foot, and I have two very active babies in my belly.  For a girl whose greatest fear used to be that she was going to be alone forever...well it just doesn't get much better than that.

How Far Along: 27.5 Weeks 


Size of Babies: Each are about the size of a cucumber

Gender: Boy/Girl


Total Weight Gain/Loss: +30


Cravings: None...other than my love for Sonic drinks.  This is my favorite outing right now.


Maternity Clothes: Yes.  

Movement: Yes!  Baby Girl is going to be a soccer star.  Her wiggles are almost violent.  Baby Boy is much more delicate. It always makes me laugh that I can tell the difference between their temperaments already.

Sleep: Better this week. Some nights I don't even take anything.

Symptoms: I will have no hair left soon.  I expect I'm going to be getting it cut after the babies.  Lots of rib and back pain from a little girl's feet that are wedged on the right side.  And nosebleeds and crazy dreams!


What I Miss: Being able to sneeze without unmentionable things happening!


Best Moment this week: My birthday and turning in my last graduate school assignment. 


I'm looking forward to:  Monday's appointment.  It feels like we live from appointment to appointment.  I am feeling more pressure now than I was earlier in the week so I will be curious to see if there are have been any changes.

Friday's doctor appointment was uneventful. We didn't measure anything except the babies heart rate, which was sort of a nice break.  We will be back in the specialists office on Monday.

Love,
Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment