Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stim Week

We finally made it to "stim" week!  Up until now, we have been shifting my hormones into the off position, but last week we began adding shots of estrogen to prime my ovaries for the next ten days. Yesterday we pulled out the big guns and from here on out I'm getting massive doses of hormone that will hopefully cause my body to grow many follicles, all about the same size and speed.  We want as many as eggs as possible, without sacrificing quality.

I spent the better part of the weekend with my feet up relaxing. I am still having mild headaches and sleeplessness, but it hasn't been as bad the last week.  I did notice that fatigue has finally set in, along with an all over body ache that won't quit. Normal side effects from what I hear. I am still going to work and getting as many school hours as possible in anticipation of next week not being terribly productive.

Emotionally....I'd love to have the nervous breakdown I deserve. My job is going down the tubes, my chances of ever having a baby look grim, and school is far from the top ten things I want to be doing right now.  

The beautiful thing about IVF is that it really does lend itself to taking one day at a time.  Each day is dutifully full of laying out the medications and checking each one off a list. It really helps me to focus on each challenge as it comes, rather than worrying about all the unknowns down the road.
God has been unbelievably gentle with me as I navigate this narrow road of planning for the worst while hoping for a miracle.  He has truly been present in the details...right down to helping get my medications on time.

I don't post much here about Michael because I never want to invade his privacy or speak for him. However, I WILL brag on him. He gives shots like a seasoned professional and he came home with a gallon of ice cream and  a flat of gatorade in preparation for the very hormonal days ahead. Good man.

I will keep you up to date...and probably more often as I spend more time at home resting.   Please pray that my body will respond to the medications and grow us some big healthy eggs!

Love,
 Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment