I have had several people ask me if I am going to continue updating my blog as we wait for our results. I have found the writing to be cathartic, so I probably will just write if I feel like it. There are still so many things I am processing, especially as I have had time to slow down a little bit over the last couple of days.
I am off of official bedrest, though I am still supposed to be careful about resting. As for other precautions, they are pretty much the same as if I was "officially" pregnant. No alcohol, smoking, heavy lifting, hot baths, etc. I am still on a daily steroid, tons of vitamins, hormone suppositiories, and a nightly progesterone shot. Those shots are not for the faint of heart! The needle is big, my muscles are sore, and even touching the site hurts. I have wanted to try to do it myself, but as tough as I usually am...I just can't. Thank goodness Michael has been willing to give those for me!
Many people have asked the next steps from here. Basically, we wait. I am required to get an official blood test to determine pregnancy, and we have a day scheduled that I am going to keep close to my heart at the moment. If it's positive, we will have to redo it two days after that. The number should double, and if it doesn't than we will know to begin expecting to miscarry. If all is well, we will follow up with an ultrasound see if there is normal development and a heartbeat.
So, as you can see, we have a long way to go. I will most certaintly tell you guys the results, but I might need to take some time to process it myself first. Even if the outcome is what we want (pregnant!) we will still spend weeks and weeks on edge. Waiting for test results, waiting for a heartbeat, waiting to get to 12 weeks and beyond. It has the potential to be a summer of not knowing.
That said, I just want to enjoy what we have, while we have it. Some girls I know begin testing for pregnancy right away and do it everyday until their bloodwork appointment. But for now, I just love the idea that two sweet babies are nestled inside me and that we might be parents very soon. After 18 months of trying to conceive, this is the closest I've ever been to getting to yell "I'm pregnant!" So, I'm choosing to be happy while I can.
I know I keep saying it, but thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers and sweet words of support!!
Love,
Juli
Monday, June 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment