I don't know if you noticed, but Fall has finally arrived here in Houston. I am relieved, as the humidity was starting to get to me. Everyone knows we don't really have seasons here in Texas, but a reprieve from temperatures in the nineties is worth celebration nonetheless. That and the fact that Ross put pumpkin and plaid dish towels on for 2.99 this week.
For those of you who didn't know, I started graduate school this semester. I think I am still in denial. Every week, I think "oh crap, I have to do homework again?" Printing off my syllabus for the first time was like deja vu. And stop the presses, because I actually had to dig out my old graphing calculator.
I know. I couldn't believe it survived the beating it took from pre-call either. I was certain it died an untimely death when I chucked it at the wall after final exams.
For those of you who didn't know, I started graduate school this semester. I think I am still in denial. Every week, I think "oh crap, I have to do homework again?" Printing off my syllabus for the first time was like deja vu. And stop the presses, because I actually had to dig out my old graphing calculator.
I know. I couldn't believe it survived the beating it took from pre-call either. I was certain it died an untimely death when I chucked it at the wall after final exams.
Anyways, I'll be receiving an M.ED in Counseling sometime this century. Texas Children's Hospital has sweetly offered to financially contribute to my professional development, though right now "contributing" has be defined as sending me emails, faxes and paperwork, but no money.
My foot problem has continued, and it is just one of the many things in my life that is loudly indicating that I am just not 18 any longer. That is a post for another day, but let me just sum it up by saying Frank, the PT from work, has called a cease and desist order on my running habit. Since I refuse to spend four hours a day stretching and I balked at the suggestion that my cardio routine might have to take place in a pool for the next 20 years, I allowed him to talk me into buying some of the new Shape Up shoes from Sketchers.

While I was in the store trying them on, there were two very large women who were loudly proclaiming their certainty of looking like Tyra Banks by Christmas, all because of these shoes. I almost told them that I had serious reservations that a pair of shoes could"shape" a double cheeseburger off anyones thighs, but in the spirit of instant gratification anything requiring $100 but no effort is worth a try.
Ya'll Have a great weekend,
Juli
Ya'll Have a great weekend,
Juli
No comments:
Post a Comment