Thursday, October 8, 2009

Metrorail Man

I am seriously tired tonight, but couldn't resist the opportunity to share with you all what happened to me as I was going home from work today.

I typically hop on the metrorail in the afternoons, because it is just faster than taking a bus. For those of you who are not familiar with the Texas Medical Center, there are numerous award winning hospitals (including Texas Children's and MD Anderson) all grouped together within blocks of each other. Employees typically park at offsite garages, due to the congestion and the need to provide parking to so many patients and families. Anyhow, the metrorail platform is typically swamped at 5:00 with people in scrubs from all these hospitals.

Anyways, I was digging around my purse, desperately looking for my phone. A guy walked up to me and asked me what I was looking for. Let me interject here, and tell you that he was at least twenty years older than me, and he had a ponytail longer than mine.

Enough said.

I was polite and told him, and he offered to help me out by calling my phone. I was a little taken aback, but in the spirit of commraderie with another medical professional, I gave him my number. (I know, stop cringing!) I retrieved my phone from a mysterious side pocket I didn't know existed, thanked him and then got on the train.

I then get the following text message:

"Hey dirty blonde. What are we eating tonight? So hungry after twelve hours of work! Hope you can cook...?"

I mean seriously?!?!?! There are so many things wrong with that message I don't know where to start.

But I'll try.

News flash, NEVER use the word "dirty" in the opening line of a text message to a stranger.

And no, I don't cook.

Hugs,
Juli

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I LOVE that story! Too funny. You haven't seen him on the metro again have you? I bet your paths will cross again....I just feel a sequel to this. HAHAHAA

    ReplyDelete