Emily,
You weigh 21 pounds and are 29.5 inches tall. You are a teeny, tiny thing and just barely on the growth chart...we are so proud of you. You are very social and curious, but you always come back to me for reassurance and I just love your sweetness. By evening you are so worn out from moving all day that you love to cuddle and rock. I am amazed that while you can't be still at all during the day, at night time all you want is my lap and the rocking chair.
You are a fireball. Sharing is not a skill you have mastered. You are manipulative and there is a little spark of amusement that crosses you face when you are doing something you shouldn't. If you know I am watching, instead of stealing a toy from Luke you will bait him with something you don't really want until he surrenders the item you desire. You make me laugh every day. You are prone to dramatics, everything is a bracelet, and I "lend" you one of my necklaces to wear almost everyday. You are determined to learn to put your shoes on by yourself!
Love,
Mommy
Luke,
You are very stubborn at times...and oh the whining! I had to confess at your last doctors appointment that you are a "head banger." When frustration hits, you are known to slam you head repeatedly into the floor while crying. Dr. Hobson swears that the latest research indicates that this is a sign of high intelligence. I hope so.
You also quietly disappear at times and when I go looking I usually find you sitting on the floor reading your books alone. You are drawn to trucks and trains and are so boyish, even though we all agree that you are so physically beautiful its almost wrong! I have often worried that I didn't know enough about boys. Boy things, boy toys, whatever. I have discovered that I do not have to worry though! You know exactly what you like and who you are and so you are teaching me. We will read about diggers and tractors and dump trucks and I have learned every word to the theme song from Thomas the Train.
initiates the kiss but you follow her around waiting for her...you just love it. There is nothing better than your chubby little hands grabbing our faces for a kiss. We love you more than you will ever know!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment