Thursday, October 30, 2014

9 Months Old!

Dear Emily,

What a month it has been! The ladies at church describe you as a "live wire"...and you are!  You bring us so much joy every day.  Your giggle is infectious.

You weigh 15.9lbs and were 25 inches tall at your last doctors appointment!

You have become so adventurous.  This month, you took off!  I can hardly contain you.  If you desire to go somewhere you are determine.  You will climb right over the top of your brother, your toys, and anything else that is in your way.  You love your "cookie jar" but prefer the tv remote, my cell phone, the lotion bottle, and the living room exstension cord to all of your toys.

You said the word "mama" this month and my heart melted.  Now, everything is mama.  We think we may have heard a "Dada" the other day, and I swear you said "Nana" while we were talking about a picture of Nana and Papa.  But for now, your favorite word is mama.  And it is perfect because you are a mama's girl.  As much as you desire freedom you are equally dependent on me for reassurance. You are most at peace when I am close by, and by evening you seek refuge in my lap.


You are a tough little peanut- in many of these pictures you have bruises on you face and head.  You have had all types of crashes but handle most of them pretty well.  You hardly cried out when you got your flu shot. 

You make me tired...but you are so precious Miss Emily!

Love,
Mommy

Dear Luke,

Every month you change a little more.  I noticed the other day that your smile had changed.  You scrunch up your face now and it so cute.  I have tried desperately to get it on camera but everytime I point it at you you get your serious face back on.  I have very few pictures that I really show your personality because you are hard to capture on film.


You continue to be content! You can scoot a bit now, but you don't desire to move.  Without my encouragement you are more than happy to sit and chew on a toy.  You are as laid back as your sister is busy. You look chunky...but you are still on the low end if the growth chart!  You weigh 18 lbs and are 25 3/4 inches tall!  I cant believe you started out at only four pounds!

You have grown a special affection for your Daddy this month.  You love rough play and he is great for that.  You guys are usually busy having fun in the evenings untill I have put Emily to bed. I always feel bad making you go to bed...and you peer over my shoulder and giggle at your dad as I tote you off to bed.  You are so funny in the evenings.

You are so good natured, but I have begun to see a bit of fight come out in you this month.  Thank goodness.  Your sister has her heart set on running right over the top of you otherwise.  You are going to be a wonderful husband someday because you are going to know all about stubborn women and how to share a confined space with them. Ha!


We love you so very much.  
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment