Leaving the house with twins requires a lot of stuff. In the beginning I was so overwhelmed with everything we might need. Now I am a lot more laid back and know which things I really use depending on where I am going and how long I will be out. I clean it out each night before I go to bed and repack so that it always ready to go!
I have the Skip Hop Duo in French Stripe. I really, really like it. In the beginning I wondered why I would need a diaper bag..couldn't I just use any old tote? The answer is no. I really needed an actual diaper bag. This one is large, with tons of pockets and zippers. It also has special clips that allow me to strap it to my stroller which I really like. The outside material is actually waterproof so I can just wipe it off and it doesn't stain at all. I wanted something sort of neutral since I have a boy and girl and because I doubted I would carry a purse with it, which I was right about. I hardly ever have my purse with me. One bag to carry and manage is enough!
A lot of people ask me...does it have enough space for twins? And honestly...no. But I don't think any bag would be enough space for twins! So I only carry what I actually need. For instance, I don't tote formula or bottles around unless I plan on feeding the babies when I am out. If I think I might need them I pack them...but otherwise I leave them at home.
My bag came with a changing mat...and it was pitiful. So small. All I could think about was my beautiful babies laying on a germ infested changing mat in a restaurant. One of my very best purchases was this Infantino Park Place mat. It is AWESOME. Seriously...buy this for you friends. It is really big and I like to have some extra space for wiggle babies. I have used it for changing diapers but also to allow the babies to stretch out on the floor when we were somewhere and they needed a little play time. It was also great for Michael when he was first getting the hang of diaper changing. I can just wipe it off and move on...no washing required!
So here is what is in my diaper bag!
Formula (if needed)
Bottles (if needed)
Kleenex
Small First Aid Kit
Bulb syringe
Diapers
Wipes
Anti-Bacterial Wet Ones
Plastic Bags (for wet items or dirty diapers)
Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitizer
Extra onsies (one each for Emily and Luke) *Put these in a ziplock to keep them clean...the dirty item can then be sealed into the ziplock:)
Shout Wipes
Toy and Sippy Cup tethers
Teething toys (Sophie the Giraffe is a favorite
I also keep a small makeup bag for myself packed with chapstick, feminine hygiene products, body spray, Tylenol etc. I normally just tuck my wallet, sunglasses and phone into the front pocket so they are easily in reach. I don't pack burp cloths...they take up too much space! I usually just tuck a white wash cloth into each kiddos car seat and use that to wipe up.
My car is also always stocked with extra diapers, wipes, towels, onsies and a t-shirt for me (I learned that one the hard way!)
So that is how I do it. I am a little compulsive. Long after these kids leave the baby stage I bet I will still be carrying a "mom bag.". I just really like having what I need. Babies are high maintenance and they make messes. I like knowing I have what I need in case of an emergency.
And away we go!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment