This weekend was Nutcracker weekend. Those of you who have known me since way back can understand what a big deal it was for our family that Claire and Sarah were officially initiated into the dance world... buns, ballet slippers, and all. They could not have had a better time, and I couldn't have been more proud of my sweet little nieces.
They are just getting so big too darn fast. Their new thing is to look up at me with big blue eyes and say " Will you carry me Jewy?" (In between their pleas for another game of hide-and-seek, or to accompany them on the couch during Noggin.) And of course, I always say yes, even though the knots ripping through my shoulders this morning are evidence of how fast they are growing. The truth is, there is only a short time left where they will be small enough to tote around on my hip, so I do.
I've missed those kiddos this semester, so much that I felt like I just wanted to drink up every inch of them. And even though it sounds cheesy, I couldn't help but just revel in the pleasure of kissing perfect little hands, unscarred from IV's or adhesive residue. No trying to manipulate a mess of pulse ox or heart monitor wires. And for the first time this weekend I realized that I had almost forgotten what a healthy child looks like. Oh the freedoms we take for granted.
On the lighter side, here is a short slideshow of some pictures from the weekend. I know I'm probably a bit biased, but aren't they so cute? Don't forget to turn the sound down at the bottom of this page before you watch.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment