My best Christmas gift this year is that after a grueling 16 weeks, I have completed my mandatory 600 hour child life internship. I am now prepared to begin working (well, the kind of work where I actually get paid.) I was relieved on Friday when I walked out of Texas Children's, but also kind of sad too. The semester went by so fast and I really learned a lot. It was good to be a "student" again, albeit one that got a bit emotionally bruised on a day-to-day basis. And now I have been ushered out into the unknown. For me, this is the hardest part. Of course, (and none of you will be surprised) I have a Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C. Plan A, was to return to Dell Children's. Unfortuantly, Dell is without any job opportunities, therefore Plan B has now become Plan A and so forth. Last Thursday I endured 6 1/2 HOURS of interviewing at Texas Children's Hospital. They went well, especially considering that they were my first interviews for child life specialist jobs, and TCH is well know for their difficult application process. For now, I wait. My hope is that I will be hired and able start immediately. If I am not hired, then I resort to Plan C. Or is it the new Plan B? See, it's confusing being me.
Christmas really snuck up on me this year, in a panicky "Oh people are handing me gifts and I have nothing to give them in return" kind of way. Therefore, I have been out in crowds, taking deep breaths, and trying to enjoy the season, the music, and even the cold temperatures. Unlike Thanksgiving, I look forward to Christmas. Besides, it's Jesus's birthday. And you can't really say you dislike Jesus's birthday can you? So, I smiled at the screaming three year old in Nordstrom's and cheerfully sang Christmas Carols for the entire 30 minutes it took for me to a find a parking spot at the mall. C'mon people, that takes dedication.
Here are some pictures from Christmas morning at the Teeters' House. I'll blog later about the holidays, but I won't hold out on the photos. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Christmas really snuck up on me this year, in a panicky "Oh people are handing me gifts and I have nothing to give them in return" kind of way. Therefore, I have been out in crowds, taking deep breaths, and trying to enjoy the season, the music, and even the cold temperatures. Unlike Thanksgiving, I look forward to Christmas. Besides, it's Jesus's birthday. And you can't really say you dislike Jesus's birthday can you? So, I smiled at the screaming three year old in Nordstrom's and cheerfully sang Christmas Carols for the entire 30 minutes it took for me to a find a parking spot at the mall. C'mon people, that takes dedication.
Here are some pictures from Christmas morning at the Teeters' House. I'll blog later about the holidays, but I won't hold out on the photos. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Nobody's crying? Must be because Santa is watching...
Jack's Rocking Horse, made by hand from Grandpa....
Tea anyone?
Hi Juli! I have been keeping you in my prayers as you figure out what is next in your life! I know whatever it ends up being, it will be just right for you! :)
ReplyDeleteHugs!