Today was a better day for Luke. He ate much more consistently, and I just spent time snuggling with him. I am so grateful for our nurse Debbie who is not only incredibly knowledgeable about helping difficult babies eat, but was also infinitely patient with my pokey little baby.
Emily had quite a spell today that I think startled even the nurses. Naturally, I wasn't there when it happened but I feel like that is a problem we can address more once we get closer to discharge. Our main goal is to get Luke eating every feed in it's entirety and he needs to be coordinated enough to do it without a fight. I literally have become much too emotional about it so having our nurses take the lead has been sad but also a huge relief. You can feel the tension during every feed which isn't helping.
This is the face I get whenever he finishes eating. Just completely wiped out!
Morning snuggles with Mommy.
Love,
Juli


I'm so glad today was a better day. I cannot imagine how hard it must be. Before you know it they will be home !
ReplyDelete