Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Wedding- May 14, 2011 (Part One!)

 Hooray!! I am finally catching my blog up with a wedding post.  May 14, 2011 was such a great, great day.  So many girls dream of their wedding day for years, and while I had always thought about it, I never really dreamed of needing to feel like a princess.  The details of planning a party that large, for such an important day, were far more stressful in the weeks leading up to the wedding than I had imagined they would be.  The day wasn't perfect of course, but it was a really, really, really great day.  So many things went right, most importantly that I married my best friend, love of my life, and committed myself to him and to God with so many of our closest friends there to love on us.      
              
I love this picture of me and Sarah Grace, my niece.  She was so beautiful that day, and just the cutest thing. I feel like you can tell how much she looks like one of "us" ( Amy and me) in this picture.

Aren't my flowers so beautiful?! I had no idea what they were going to look like that day, because all I had told her was "pink." But they turned out so great.  They were really this vibrant in person! 
                                                                                                                                                                     
These were two of the handkerchiefs I carried wrapped around my bouquet.  One was my "something old" and it was Michael's grandmothers.  The other was an antique that my sister found and had embroidered for me.  Maybe someday I will have a daughter who can use them for her wedding!   
We love the Shortner family!  At the last minute, I had a change of heart and was wishing I had arranged for our ceremony to be videotaped.  Aunt Debbie and Uncle Billy bought Michael and I great video camera AND had their sweet son in law take video for us throughout the wedding.  We cannot thank them enough- they gave us the priceless gift of our day on film and we will forever be grateful!

Now some photos of the boys....


I've kissed some fine ones....


...And I married my favorite one!




 More updates to come...

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment