I survived.
The magic of hash brown casserole and was lost on my nieces and nephew. If it isn't pizza or chicken nuggets, forget about it.
I have now retreated back to Houston, and if you can't tell by the title of this post, I'm feeling like having a good ol' whine fest.
I have always found that the Christmas season is a tangle of emotions for me. On the one hand, Nat King Cole is on the radio, and who can feel melancholy when peppermint lattes are finally reintroduced to the Starbucks menu?
On the other hand, another year has passed me by, and I don't have much other than a Charlie Brown Christmas tree to show for it.

That's almost enough to make even Mother Theresa depressed....If it wasn't for that whole "kids in the world with no shelter or food" thing that she was so well known for.
Anyhow, if you were expecting me write some long post about all the things I'm grateful for like every other blogger, check back. I will probably feel more in the mood once I get back to work. There are plenty of things I could whine about today, and you might even feel sorry for me, but at a hospital surrounded by sick kids, well, it's just Tuesday. All those in need of sympathy can just get in line.
It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to.
Love,
Juli
No comments:
Post a Comment