Sunday, April 26, 2009

My first power tool.....

So, I finally did it... I bought furniture! Believe it or not, up until now my clothing has been residing in the plastic tubs I had in college. Really.

However, the furniture was not the most surprising purchase this weekend.

Please take note of the curtains. Hung by yours truly. After lot of blood, sweat, and unfeminine cursing, I finally realized there was no possible way I was going to be able to put the rod up without a drill. I could have waited for my Dad to help me, but instead I got a burst of "girl power" and I decided to do it myself. (The last time I went on a girl power spree, I tried to change a flat tire. Let's just say if the neighbor hadn't come to my rescue my roommate and I would have met certain death when car fell off the jack.)

Anyways.

So I bought my first power tool..... The poor salesman looked at me like I was crazy when I stated that I need a "girly drill." I was secretly envisioning something in pink, about the size of a glue gun.

Amazingly, they don't carry that kind of power drill at Lowes. I got this one instead....


In the end, it was worth it. Check out my new and improved grown up furniture.



Love,
Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment